Crafts

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Scrapbook Canvas Art


My bedroom has vaulted ceilings and I felt like I needed something big over the bed to fill up the space. It was going to be pricy to buy something large enough for that space. I decided I would make some "art" instead of buying something. When I was at Big Lots I saw some 12x12 blank canvases. They were $5.00 a piece. I immediately thought that scrapbook paper would fit perfectly on it. I purchased the nine canvases and mod podge. I already had plenty of scrapbook paper at home to dig threw so I didn’t have to buy any of that. This was a pretty simple project. Here are the steps I used to create this scrapbook canvas art:
1.  Brush Mod Podge on the canvas
2. Spray some water on the scrapbook paper to make it more pliable
3. Put the paper on the canvas
4. Let it dry
5. Brush Mod Podge over the scrapbook paper (I let it dry then did a second coat)
**The paper did wrinkle when it got wet but then flattened out once it dried.



No comments:

Post a Comment